TOP 20 WEDDING TRENDS FOR 2018
Customization has found its way into all aspects of weddings as different couples try to display their unique styles and personalities through food, venue, floral and entertainment. Here is a list of top 20 wedding trends for the year 2018:
- Bold color - Brides are embracing strong colors as opposed to muted palettes of the past few years. Muted colors can still be trendy but they will add a splash of color to peppered throughout the wedding decor to add a bit of style.
- Multiple meals/snacks throughout the wedding - This wedding trend gives guests the opportunity to enjoy several options throughout the wedding. Cupcakes or designer drinks during coktail. An assortment of uniques small meals to enjoy buffet style as opposed to a prix-fixe menu for dinner. And late night snacks from local favorites like Lou Malnatis Pizza, White Castle burgers or Gene and Judes hotdogs.
- Barn weddings - This wedding trend has gained popularity in recent years and is here to stay. Brides want an alternative to the classic reception venue, not that anything is wrong with it, they just want something different. We will soon see barn venues mixed with luxury decor like chandeliers and elaborate floral decorations, a vintage modern luxury look if you will :)
- Lounge areas - The club lounge feel is making its way in to the wedding scene. Lounges give guests a space to mingle aside from the usual dance floor, bar or dining tables. This trend has become popular especially in larger venues that can accommodate a dance floor and a few sofas giving it that ultra club feel.
- Rustic weddings - The wedding industry is seeing a significant rise in interest for rustic weddings. This means more greenery touches from accents on the walls, ceilings or tables to succulents, petrified wood and moss scattered throughout the natural textured decor. You will also see unique food stations with DIY desserts like donuts or cupcakes.
- Outdoor weddings - Outdoor weddings hovers around 10,000 searches per month on the internet. It is a popular option for many couples to say "I do" in great wide open. One thing to take careful note of is where the sun will set and at what time of the year. The last thing you want to do is say your vows in the dark after the sun has set.
- Unique wedding venues - Unique wedding venues continues to be a top trend. It’s where the party’s at after all! Unique Chicago wedding venues include Greenhouse Lofts, Chicago River cruises, Chicago Museums and Art Galleries.
- Geometric shapes - Traditional centerpieces are falling to the wayside compared to geometric shaped vessels, vases or lanterns. Mid century modern shapes used in the design of invitation pieces, reception decor and even on cake designs.
- Long sleeve weeding dress - Long sleeve wedding dresses are searched about 94,000 times per month! Brides are expanding their searches for long sleeve dresses on their wedding day. The return of modesty made popular from Chirstian Dior is becoming all the rage. An alternative to the long sleeves is the bridal cape which is also making its way to be one of the hottest trends.
- Lace sleeve wedding dress - What may seem like a thing of the past, the lace sleeve wedding dress is making a comeback in 2018.
- More brides shun designer wedding dresses - The modern minamilist non-brand wedding dress is in vogue for the bride that wants something simple. Simple does not mean boring, this is more along the lines of less is more vs an elaborate blinged out ball gown. Every bride is unique and therefore they each have different styles for their big day. According to research, brides are less interested in designer wedding dresses but lets not get it twisted, designer fashion will always be in style.
- Balloons - more couples will be integrating ballons in white or metallic colors to keep it classy and fun. The use of balloons as a backdrop for the head table is also a popular choice as an alternative to the traditional curtains.
- Wedding invitations are less popular - Wedding websites are putting wedding invitations in the past. Inviting guests through the internet is cheaper and easier to manage as opposed to printing and mailing invitations and RSVP cards. Check out our article on the top 5 apps we recommend for making your wedding day a breeze. Another alternative to traditional wedding invitations is laser engraved wood or unique papers with the couples monogram. Unique, unique, unique is all the rage.
- Fewer couples want a wedding cake - With other creative options like donut walls, macarons, cake pops and offering a variety of cakes flavors to guests, the popularity of one large wedding cakes has declined worldwide in the past few years.
- Photo Booths are gaining popularity - Who doesn’t love using silly props to capture all the fun of the evening for the bride & groom and as a souvenir for guests? Professional photographers are there to capture the special moments in the day. The photobooth is there to get wild and crazy without feeling concious that someone is watching you.... although... they will be probably be posted on the internet eventually :)
- Baby’s breath is becoming popular - Many weddings adopt this wedding trend simply to cut the cost of floral design for the bridal bouquet and bridesmaids flowers. Besides, it definitely looks simple and elegant.
- Black wedding dresses - White wedding dresses will always be the top choice but now designers are making black wedding dresses for the alternative and edgy bride. In the last years, the number of brides who desire a black wedding dress has increased, especially in the U.S.
- Bridal Capes - The search online for a wedding dress with a cape has increased and the trend will probably continue in the future.
- More brides and grooms desire a small wedding - smaller weddings and wedding parties are increasing among couples. They couple wants to be surrounded by their immediate family and closest friends.
- More couples elope - Elopement style weddings are on the rise. This is not in the traditional sense of a rebellious act of running away and getting married. The elopement mentality is to celebrate their marriage with their closest family and friends while not following the traditional norms of having a lavish wedding. Pop up weddings are becoming super popular
Misha Media Inc | firstname.lastname@example.org | 630.935.7435